The inventory of company assets is the key activity on which the entire fixed asset management process is based. The inventory basically consists, in accordance with whatever was established and agreed during the pre-analysis phase, in identifying and labelling each single asset, describing it by indicating the location (building, floor, office, department, cost center, …) and a description (type, brand, model, serial number, …).
The main objectives of the inventory phase can be summarized as follows:
- Defining a customized inventory and nomenclature procedure for each Client’s needs
- Identifying univocally and according to an agreed planning, each tangible fixed asset
- Labelling each single asset through an inspection conducted by qualified staff
- Creating a single real-time computer database that describes and characterizes each existing asset
- Knowing the physical distribution of tangible fixed assets
- Generating a data trace that can be interfaced and imported with the Client’s management program (SAP, ORACLE, MICROSOFT, AS400, ZUCCHETTI, etc.)